Horse Race Betting In India - Trusted Horse Racing Satta Guide
Horse racing is a sport that has been popular in India since the 18th century. Due to this popularity, many Indians enjoy betting on horse racing events. After all, it’s fun, exciting and you have plenty of opportunities of winning.
So how do you bet on horse races? Well, we’ve got everything lined up for you in this guide. Just keep reading and you’ll find out how you can find great markets and odds, calculate your payouts and find popular racing events.
Best Horse Race Betting Sites In India - [Updated 2022]
Online horse race betting in India
Many people think that betting on horse races is difficult. This isn’t true. Horse betting is simple and it comes with plenty of benefits. Below we take a look at what you’ll gain from betting on horse races online.
- Online horse race betting is simply placing bets on a horse racing event at an online betting site. It often involves predicting which horse is going to win the race.
- When placing bets online you’ll enjoy the stress-free environment of being at home instead of travelling to a bookmaker’s shop.
- Also, by placing online horse racing bets, you’ll get to enjoy many bonuses and promotions that land-based bookmakers don’t offer.
- You’ll also be able to compare odds easily instead of walking from one land-based betting shop to another to just check which odds and markets are better.
- If you’re looking for an authentic horse racing experience but don’t want to attend a racing event, you can use the live betting or streaming feature that many sites now offer.
- Betting online also means you can access the same number of horse racing events from your computer as from a land-based bookmaker.
How to bet on horse racing in India?
Betting on horse races is far from difficult. Not only do you have the best bookmakers at your disposal but the sport is also easy to master.
- All successful Indian horse racing bettors begin by finding a trustworthy site.
- Next, you need to fill in the registration form and create an account.
- Afterwards, set up your banking method and make your first deposit.
- You might receive online welcome bonus. However, kindly note that not all welcome bonuses can be used on horse racing.
- Once you claim the bonus, go to the site’s sport section and select ‘horse racing’.
- Here you’ll see all the available domestic and international events.
- Select the race you’d like to bet on and begin evaluating the markets and odds.
- Once you find the right market, click on it and place the bet.
Online horse race betting tips for new players
Although horse racing is just as unpredictable as other sports, here are a few tips you can use to improve your odds of winning.
Find a reputable betting site
This is the most important thing when it comes to online horse race betting. You can do thorough research on all horses and jockeys, but if the betting site doesn’t offer great odds, you won’t be successful. Also make sure the bookmaker is licensed and regulated and has good reviews online before placing your bets.
Check for patterns
It may seem obvious, but you may be surprised to learn that many people forget to check the history of the horses they’re betting on. Look for patterns such as which horses finish first and last. Check whether a horse performs better on certain racecourses. For example, there are horses that perform well on dirt tracks while others do better on synthetic ones.
Many races begin from stalls. So as you place your bets, keep in mind that a quick sprint race often favours the horses in the outside stalls while longer races favour those on the inside.
When was the last race?
Remember that a horse is a living creature so if overworked, it may not produce great results. With this in mind, look for a well-rested horse. Horses should take a rest of between 30 to 60 days after a major race. Also, avoid betting on horses that have been off for more than three months as they may not perform well.
Best Horse Racing Sites for Beginners
Betting on Indian horse racing becomes twice as easier once you find the right bookmaker. Fortunately for you, we’ve got three popular betting sites in India that offer an overall great experience when it comes to horse racing.
This is the first betting site on our list. Betway was founded in 2006 and since then it has provided players with some of the best horse race betting markets. Here’ you can find both domestic and international race events as well as great odds.
- Numerous banking options that include Paytm, credit/debit cards and Skrill.
- Has a reliable mobile application that’s fitted with all the essential features.
- Fast payouts.
- Reaching customer support can be difficult.
As one of the oldest online horse race betting sites in India, Fun88 has a lot to offer in terms of experience. This site was also created specifically for the Asian market, meaning you’re bound to get even the smallest racing events in the country.
- Offers the best betting exchange feature in India.
- Huge variety of betting options.
- Lots of interesting daily bonuses and cashback rewards.
- Welcome offer has high wagering requirements
- Customer service available through email, phone and live chat.
- Impressive mobile application that’s compatible with iOS and Android devices.
- Well-organized interface and attractive loyalty rewards.
- Customer support is not available 24/7.
How to choose the horse racing betting sites?
It’s impossible to list all the great bookmakers who offer horse race betting in India. However, we can give you a few guidelines you can use to ensure you receive the best services.
Check for licensing and regulation
Horse racing in India is a big deal and some bookmakers may take advantage of this and begin operating illegally. That is why you should always check whether a betting site is licensed and regulated. You can also look for certifications from independent audit authorities such as eCOGRA.
How fast are their Payouts?
Always check how long an online bookmaker takes to process winnings. After all, horse racing is a sport that takes just a few minutes, so your winnings shouldn’t take long to reflect in your betting account. A good betting site should be able to process your payout in under 72 hours.
Are their bonuses and promotions generous?
Plenty of bonuses and promotions are among the many things that can add excitement to your betting experience. So avoid joining a betting site until you do thorough research on the bonuses they offer as well as their wagering requirements.
What are their banking options?
As the name suggests, online horse race betting in India is done via the internet. This means the bookmaker needs to accept various digital payments including ewallets, debit/credit cards, UPI transfers and bank transfers. Having several casino payment methods available, will allow you to choose the one you’re most comfortable with in terms of fees.
Horse racing betting terms
There are five popular markets you’ll encounter when horse race betting in India. Below we briefly discuss them.
The Win market
This is the most popular market and it’s sometimes referred to as straight betting. Here you are simply betting on which horse will win the race.
In this market, you are betting on your favourite horse to finish either first or second. The payout is a bit lower than the win market. However, you get to reduce the risk of losing money and you might also get good odds.
Show betting is basically betting on your favourite horse to finish first, second or third. This market has the largest possibility of winning so the payouts aren’t that large.
Each-way betting combines both win and place markets. This means you’ll receive a payout if the horse either wins or finishes first or second.
Exacta and Trifecta markets
In the Exacta market, you have to predict the horses that will finish first and second while in the trifecta, you have to predict the horses that will finish first, second and third. Predicting the outcome of these two markets is difficult so they often have large payouts.
Horse Racing odds - Fixed Odds Vs Pool Betting
When it comes to horse racing betting India often uses pool and fixed odds. Below we take a close look at how these odds are presented and how much they pay.
This is the most common type of odds in the Indian horse racing industry. Basically, the bookmaker sets the odds and you place a bet. If your selection turns out to be correct, the odds will be multiplied by the stake and you’ll get your winnings. If your selection is not correct the bookmaker keeps your stake.
In pool betting, you are not betting against the bookmaker. Instead, many bettors come together and place their bets. At the end of the race, all stakes are added and then divided among those who’ve won or predicted correctly. A small percentage also goes to the bookmaker.
Which is better? Fixed odds or pool betting?
At the end of the day, these horse racing betting odds have their own separate benefits and risks. So it’s up to you to decide which way to go. Nevertheless, here’s what you should keep in mind.
- With fixed odds you’ll know exactly how much you’ll win if you predict the outcome of the race correctly. On the other hand, pool betting doesn’t offer fixed payouts, so you’ll have to wait till the race ends to know how much you’ve won.
- Betting on fixed odds can win you something decent however with pool betting, you might get even smaller payouts because a lot of people predicted correctly.
- In fixed odd betting, if you fail to predict the outcome of the race correctly, the bookmaker takes your entire stake. However, in pool betting, the bookmaker only takes a small percentage of the cash and the rest is divided equally among players.
Online horse race betting bets
A single bet is one in which you are betting on only one event. For instance, you can bet on your favorite horse to win. Single bets are the most popular in the Indian horse racing market.
In a double bet, you’ll need to correctly predict two outcomes in different events. These two outcomes are then combined into one single bet and both selections must win for you to get returns.
Here you’ll need to bet on three outcomes in different race events. Similarly to a double bet, in a treble all three selections must be predicted correctly. If not, the bet becomes unsuccessful and you lose your stake.
An accumulator bet in online horse race betting refers to four or more selections that are combined into one single bet. You will only win if all the selections are predicted correctly. Accumulator bets are great because they have large payouts and less risk.
The term ‘bar’ refers to the final odds presented by horse racing betting sites. The bar is usually set at the bottom of the list. For instance, you can find the bar set at 50-1. This means the horses whose odds are greater than 50-1 will not be mentioned in the list. Still, you can bet on these horses by contacting the bookmaker.
How to calculate horse racing bets?
We mentioned earlier that you can use fixed odds or bet on the entire pool. Well, fixed odds are divided into three. That is fractional, decimal and moneyline odds.
As the name suggests, fractional odds are presented in fractions. For example, you’ll see a market having odds of 3/1. This means you’ll make ₹2 for every ₹1 wagered. If you wager ₹10 and win, multiply this ₹10 by 3 then add your original stake. This will leave you with ₹40.
Decimal odds are the easiest to calculate. Let’s say you wager ₹10 at odds of 4.50 and win. Your returns will be ₹10 multiplied by 4.50 which is ₹45.
Moneyline odds can have a positive or negative number. When the number is positive, that’s how much you can win for every ₹100 and when the number is negative, that’s how much you need to stake to win ₹100. For example, if you place a bet of ₹100 at odds of +200, you will get a total of ₹300 that is ₹200 in winnings plus your stake. On the other hand, odds of -200 will win you ₹50, so you’ll get a total of ₹150.
Live Indian horse racing betting
In live betting, you’ll be able to place your bets during the race. This gives you an advantage of seeing which horses are slower and hopefully prevent huge losses. Most bookmakers will offer statistics of the race such as which horse is leading while some may allow you to stream the race in HD.
You will also find most markets here but remember the odds change during the race. Because of this dynamic nature, make sure you do your homework and are in a good state of mind before placing any live bet.
Best LIVE Horse Race Betting Site
Spin casino began operating in 2001 and it’s currently operated by Bayton LTD. It’s widely known for its stunning casino games and many say it has the best live casino in India. What many people fail to realize is that this bookmaker also has an impressive sportsbook and online horse race betting is endlessly exciting here. The markets are many and the casino’s features are simply incredible.
- Fast payouts.
- Compatible with mobile devices.
- Low minimum deposit amount.
- Easy-to-navigate site
- Needs more banking options.
Horse Race betting online Special Bonuses & Promotions for Indian players
The tons of special bonuses offered by casinos surely get the thrill going. But which bonuses are the most popular in India? Well, here’s what you can currently enjoy.
- A welcome offer is the first reward you’ll receive after joining a new betting site. Welcome bonuses normally have wagering requirements and they are automatically credited after your make your first deposit.
- You can also get a no-deposit bonus and as the name suggests, you won’t be required to add any funds to your betting account to receive it.
- Reload bonuses are also popular in online horse race betting. Here the bookmaker will give you free bets or other prizes for making a deposit.
- It’s also worth mentioning that some bookmakers offer exclusive bonuses depending on the payment method you use. For instance, Bitcoin casinos are known for rewarding players who use Bitcoin to deposit funds.
- Another bonus you can get is the refer-a-friend bonus. The bookmaker will give you a unique link and you can share it with your friends and family members. When anyone creates their account via your link and makes a deposit, you’ll receive a bonus.
Famous Indian horse racing events
As a country that loves horse racing, you are guaranteed to find plenty of racing events throughout the country. However, here are the most popular events you should never miss.
The Indian 1,000 Guineas
This is one of the most prestigious events in the Indian horse racing community. It’s organized by the Royal Western Indian Turf Club (RWITC) and it takes place at Mahalaxmi racecourse in December. It’s usually held in the late afternoon and only three-year-old fillies can participate. The course is around 1,600 metres in length.
The Indian 2,000 Guineas
This event is also organized by the RWITC and it takes place over the same weekend as the Indian 1,000 Guineas. The course is 1,600 metres long and both colts and fillies can participate. Like other top Indian races, this event only permits horses born within the Indian sub-continent to participate.
The Indian Derby
Considered the most popular racing event in India, the Indian Derby is normally held on the first Sunday of February over a 2,400 metre course. It takes place at the Mahalaxmi racecourse and has a cash prize of over ₹30,000,000.
The Indian St Leger
First held in 1944, the Indian St Leger grew to become a crowd favourite. It’s usually run in March and at the Pune Racecourse. Only four-year-old horses can participate and the course is over 2,800 metres. This makes it the longest race run in Western India.
Upcoming Indian Horse racing Calendar
Now you’ve learnt how you can navigate horse race betting in India, we think it’s a great idea to give you a list of all upcoming horse races. However, please remember, when and where these events are held can change.
|January 21th 2022||Chennai|
|January 22nd 2022||Kolkata|
|January 25th 2022||Bangalore|
|January 29th 2022||Hyderabad|
|February 2nd 2022||Mysore|
|February 9th 2022||Mysore|
|February 12th 2022||Bangalore|
|February 16th 2022||Chennai|
Current online horse race satta trends
Live betting has taken the centre stage when it comes to horse racing in India. Infact, recent studies show that around 40% of all bets are placed during the race.
Another popular trend in horse racing satta involves betting on multiple horses in the same race. It seems many Indians are realizing that placing a straight bet might be easy but having multiple horses is better because they have a high chance of winning.
Additionally, there’s the line shopping trend. Line shopping means visiting different betting sites and evaluating their markets and odds. Doing this will help you choose which bookmaker offers the best odds.
How we review the horse racing betting sites?
We value our readers more than anything. That is why we spend hours researching the sites we recommend. To every person interested in horse racing, here are the steps we take to ensure we direct you to a safe platform.
- First things first, we take the time to check a bookmaker’s licensing information and if we find anything suspicious, we don’t recommend it.
- We also check whether the betting site has a good number of bonuses and promotions. To us, a welcome offer should always be available and it should be accompanied by fair wagering requirements.
- The third area we evaluate is the site’s level of security and privacy. We check whether the site is secured by SSL encryption and whether they are keeping all banking information private.
- Next, we check whether the site is mobile friendly. The mobile website or application should be easy to navigate and it should also have all the basic features.
- We also check how many banking options they’re offering and whether they process their payouts quickly. The amount of fees they’ll charge is also important, so we make sure we fully read their terms and conditions.
Why you should play at our recommended sites
Our experts have sat down for endless hours, done thorough research and evaluated every site we’ve recommended. We take these reviews seriously and we would never recommend a bookmaker who doesn’t offer great services.
We’ve checked every site’s security features and we’re sure your money will be in safe hands. These recommended sites also offer great betting markets and odds so you can expect some pretty good payouts.
With such good services, your betting experience will be like no other!
In horse races, pool betting begins by punters placing their bets at a fixed stake. These stakes are then combined into one big ‘jackpot’ and after the race it’s divided equally among those who predicted correctly.
Decimal odds are easier to calculate so they are the most popular among bookmakers.
Carefully read the horse’s history and go through its trainer’s data. Also consider placing bets on multiple outcomes and finally check for patterns such as which horses do better on dirt tracks or on short distances.
Welcome bonuses, no-deposit bonuses and reload bonuses are the three most popular bonuses online. Bookmakers may also run weekly cashbacks as well as loyalty and VIP programs.
This is where a punter places a bet during the race. The bookmaker will provide you with the statistics of the race or allow you to stream it and you will also get plenty of markets to bet on.
Horse racing in India has been popular for a long time and we don’t see it slowing down any time soon. If you’ve been betting on other sports and you’re looking for greener pastures, why not bet on horse races?
We’ve already given you the tips you need to maximize your winning chances and talked you through horse racing odds and betting markets. All that’s left is for you to sign up at any of our recommended sites and start betting.