Play the online Poker games here!
Online poker is the most popular online casino game in the world. It is one of the most thrilling casino games where not only luck is involved. But strategy and mastery of emotions enter into the equation to win large sums of money.
Today we will tell you everything you need to know to play poker online if you live in India! And we’ll start with a casino recommendation! At Betway you can play poker and enjoy amazing poker promotions and tournaments!
By the end, you will be able to play with the basic knowledge and build your strategies to become an expert in no time.
But before we begin, let’s take a in-deep look at some of the most trustworthy casino brands for Indian players where you can play using rupees and enjoy one of the most fun poker games in the online world!
What is online poker and how does it work?
Online poker is a card game popular in casinos around the world. Poker is often played with a standard deck of 52 cards. Each player at the table receives 5 cards.
And each player must decide whether to bet blind, or by looking at the cards.
To learn more about how poker works, we will explain its rules, the winning hands and the most popular types of poker. As well as a step-by-step guide on how to play poker in a casino.
Type of poker online
The first thing you need to be aware of is the different online poker games that exist. And although there are many, here we will explain the most popular ones at online casinos for real money that are open to Indian players:
Also known as 3 Patti, 3-card poker or Indian poker. This poker, as you can imagine, is played with 3 cards.
And it is one of the most popular all over India. It is the best online poker for Indian players, as it allows you to claim casino bonuses to play for free or for more money than you deposit.
Texas Hold’em Poker
It is one of the most widespread worldwide. This type of poker online is played by both rookies and professionals and there are four rounds of betting in the game.
Each player starts with two cards of their own, and can use 3 of the 5 community cards to build their strategy in each round. This version can be found in almost all real money poker casinos in India.
This is the most complex poker and only recommended if you are an expert. Although each player is dealt four-hole cards, they can only use two of their own and three community cards to make their hand. It has four betting rounds.
Five Card Draw Poker
This is classic poker online. It has three rounds of betting. Each player starts with five cards of their own.
If at the end of the 3 rounds the players have not folded, the cards are revealed and the player with the highest hand wins.
In this one, it is super important that you have total control of your emotions, as any action can reveal your hand to the other players.
Want to try this online poker in India? Then you must go to any of our recommended sites, register filling the form, deposit a bunch of cash and start playing! There, you can bet with Indian rupees and enjoy the best online poker tournaments.
It is a popular version in online casinos where there is no interaction with other players. Cards are dealt by software and can be played fast.
It is an excellent version for newbies. Why? Because you can familiarise yourself with the game without worrying about other external factors.
On top of that, there are hundreds of video poker casino games that you can enjoy online. What changes in each of them? The animation, the sound, the graphics and the atmosphere.
If you want to experience a land-based casino without setting foot in one when playing online poker in a casino, then look into live poker at a casino!
You’ll be able to watch a dealer dealing the cards and taking bets in streaming video. You can also watch the players you’re competing with in real time via cameras placed in strategic locations.
This is by far the best poker game for players in India looking for an experience that is equal parts unique and exciting.
Winning hands in poker
There are several hands you could win at online poker. And although they may vary according to the type of poker you play, in general they are:
- Royal straight flush: this is the highest value hand and consists of the cards A, K, Q, J and ten, all of the same suit.
- Straight flush: this is the second highest value hand and consists of five consecutive cards of the same suit.
- Poker: this is the third highest ranking hand and consists of four cards of the same rank.
- Full: also known as a full house, this is the fourth highest value hand and consists of a three of a kind and a pair of a kind.
- Flush: this is the fifth highest value hand and is when you get a hand of five cards of the same suit regardless of their value.
- Straight or flush: this is the hand in which you get five cards of consecutive rank regardless of suit and is the sixth highest in value.
- Three of a kind or trio: when you get three cards of the same rank regardless of suit.
- Double pair: also known as “Pocket”, this is when you get a hand with two pairs of cards equal in value.
- Pair: in the hand you get two cards of the same rank but not of the same suit.
- High card: this is the most common hand and if all players have been dealt a hand of this type, the player with the highest value card in their hand wins.
Do you dare to try your luck and get a royal flush in poker online? Then visit and register at any of our reliable casino sites to start playing poker!
Poker rules that every player must know
You may already be excited and looking forward to playing poker. But before you start, there are a few basic poker rules you must know:
- When you enter a game, you must make a full buy-in for that game. The value of it, will depend on the game you’re going to play. For example, if is limit poker, this will be at least 10 times the greatest bet for the game in play unless otherwise designated
- Only one short buy-in per session is allow.
- Increasing your stack is not considered a buy-in, and can take place in any amount between hands.
- When you fold, your hand counts a dead hand.
- You may make unlimited betting raises in all games.
- Different betting rounds apply in different poker variants. Texas Hold’em and Omaha are two of the most popular poker games in the world. And their betting structures are identical: four betting rounds called preflop, flop, turn and river.
- In each betting round, betting continues until all players have either matched the bets placed or folded. If no bets take place, the round is over once all players have passed. When the betting round ends, the next round of dealing or betting begins, or the hand is completed.
- “All-in” is a rule applied in the table stake. This states that a player cannot be forced to give up a poker hand because he/she doesn’t have enough money to call a bet. In this moment, he/she is determined to be all-in. The player can win the part of the pot to which he/she raises with his/her last bet. Next actions by other players will form part of a “side pot”, which cannot be won by the player who went all-in. If more than one player goes all-in during a hand, there may be more than one side pot.
How to play poker online for real money?
Now you are ready to play poker online in India! Here’s a step-by-step guide to playing poker online for real money!
- Enter the casino, log in and choose the online poker section to select a mode. This can be any of those mentioned here, but we suggest Teen Patti. They are short and easy to understand if you are new to the game. Haven’t you chosen a casino yet? Go to our top listed table and pick one of them!
- Within the game, and depending on the mode, you will be against other players or just the dealer.
- When you start, the dealer will deal the first round of cards.
- Select the amount to bet or “pass the turn” to see what decision your opponent’s make.
- Once the other players or banker have set the minimum amount. On your next turn you can call or raise by clicking the corresponding buttons.
- You will also have the option to leave the game if you think your hand doesn’t stand a chance.
- This process is repeated until the dealer or banker stops showing cards on the table.
- Finally, you reach the “Showdown” stage where it will be determined if your hand was better than the rest.
- If you won, the money will be sent to your account. If you lost, the money will be removed from your balance. And in the case of a tie, the card with the higher value wins or the tie is broken in the next round.
How to play free poker game?
Want to start playing without risking your money? Don’t worry, you can also play online poker games for free! To do so, all you have to do is follow the steps below:
- Go to a poker casino and login using your username and password. If you don’t know which one offers free online poker, discover any of the sites we recommended in the side table of our blog.
- Go to poker section and choose a table.
- Click “Play for free” and then “Start”.
- Pay the All-in.
- Receive your cards and decide whether to bet, pass the turn or fold.
- If you decide to bet or pass the turn, in the next round, you must bet at least the smallest amount.
- The steps of placing a bet, folding or check are repeated until the dealer stops showing cards, or until there are only two players left at the table.
- When this time comes, the cards of the remaining players are shown. The highest hand wins the game and takes the pot.
Play free poker vs. play poker online for real money: what should you choose and why?
Whether you play for online poker free or for real money depends on your goals as a player. But there are major differences between one version and the other:
Free poker online
Poker online for real money
The best poker winning tips for Indian players
We want you to succeed and learn as quickly as possible so that you can win both gambling and real money online. That’s why we’ve left you with some tips that our experts have revealed to us:
- Be cautious. If you don’t feel comfortable with a hand, don’t bet, even if you did it before.
- Don’t match bets just because you want to see other people’s hands.
- Pay attention to the community cards, they not only give you clues about possible moves by your opponents. They also give you an idea of what you could win or lose.
- Choose tables that suit your level of experience. It may be attractive to enter high stakes tables. But be aware that the players there are more experienced, the stakes are higher and the risk is higher.
- Learn that poker is a mathematical game where you don’t control all the variables. It’s not complicated, but if you have a good hand, you have a good chance of winning.
- Position at the table is almost as important as your starting hand. The odds don’t lie and if you’re in the top spots and you’re at a table with more than five players, there’s a better chance that they’ll have better hands than you.
- The nine or full ring table is best if you are taking your first steps in poker. This is because they tend to be slow plays that will give you plenty of time to think through each decision.
Play the online Poker games here!
Online poker games are definitely a great way to have fun or even win money online! And now that you know the basics, all that’s left is for you to get excited and start playing!
Where to play poker? At any of our recommended casino brands! All you must do is sign-up using our referral link, verify your account and claim your poker bonus!
Remember this is an informative article. So, under no circumstances can we be held responsible for your actions or decisions.
Finally, we would like to ask you to share our article with your friends and acquaintances. This way we can reach more people and continue our mission to inform.