When looking for a complete guide for online gambling for beginners, one of the first topics should always be how to choose an online casino.
And, today we’re going to talk about the aspects to consider. Because gambling online and winning is not only about having an accurate gambling strategy.
It is also about betting at excellent sites so that you have a fair chance of winning and, in turn, a real chance of being able to withdraw your winnings.
But before we start with this amazing topic, go grab your hat and visit our top listed casinos! Those are excellent online gambling brands for Indian punters that have everything we’re going to explain you soon!
[table_list num=”10″ sort=”date” reviews=”2289,29, 232, 238, 120, 432, 236, 113, 117″]
What to consider before choosing the best online casino site for Indian players?
There are 7 aspects that we rigorously analyse to pick a casino that stands out from the crowd and is good enough to make our list.
We’ve divided them up and below we’ll explain each of them, as well as the best way to score them.
1. Are Indian players accepted?
The first and most important of all. Because there is not yet full consensus on whether there is online gambling enabled through foreign sites in India or not.
This is why some international casinos choose not to open their doors to the wider Indian gaming public.
So, the first thing to do is to verify that you can register in India. There are two ways to do this:
- Go to the site and if you get a warning message or don’t see a registration option anywhere, then you can’t register at that online casino.
- At the time of registration, if you do not find India as your country of living, then that online gambling site does not accept Indian players.
The second thing to look at is the feedback on the experience that other players have had on the platform you want to join.
For this, you can rely on sites that collect information about the opinions of other users. And also, read blogs like ours where you’ll find reviews about the different online gambling sites.
If you find a lot of negative comments, especially related to the withdrawal of winnings, poor customer service and even unjustified account closures, run away from the site!
If you find negative comments that have been resolved in a positive way, consider the site as “under observation”. Although it has complaints, they have managed to resolve them.
The top online Indian casinos know that for a player to be able to play with peace of mind, they have to feel safe and secure on their site.
And that means not only implementing certificates to protect data. But also having external audits on a constant basis to look for possible breaches and apply the necessary patches.
This factor is evaluated in several steps:
- When entering the site, check the URL bar. If it appears green, or with a closed padlock on the side, the site has an SSL certificate. This guarantees that your data is encrypted end-to-end.
- When you browse the homepage, you should see security certificate seals. From SSL and other data protection, to eCogra to guarantee fair gaming and payment accuracy.
4. Licences and certificates
Licensing and operating certificates relate to the legality of the gambling site to operate as an online gambling and betting operator.
Playing at a site that is legal is key to ensure that the online casino is indeed being regulated by governmental authorities.
But it can’t be just any licence, it has to be issued by recognised bodies. As India does not yet have a regulator for online casinos, you should look for sites with licences that allow them to operate on an international level.
The most recognised in this field are:
- Malta Gaming Authority (MGA).
- United Kingdom Gambling Commission (UKGC).
- Curaçao Gaming Authority.
- Kahnawake Gaming Commission.
But the most trusted Indian casinos are not content with that. They also seek to obtain additional certificates from external auditing bodies to further guarantee their services.
And, although there are several, the most recognised in this field is eCogra. This is a testing agency and standards and player protection organisation that is responsible for testing that casinos and sites actually meet the highest quality standards in the industry.
But how to identify all this? Licences should always be found on the homepage.
They are often listed under the outline indicating: name of the tax company under which the casino operates, physical address of the casino, name of the issuer of the licence, licence number and date of issue.
In some cases, the licence can be found in the casino’s terms and conditions, as well as in the about us section, or by asking support straight away.
As for external audit certificates, they should also be listed on the casino’s homepage. Often, they are represented with a seal of the issuing body and below it, the date of audit and the standards met.
5. Range of games and software providers
Even if you only want to play a particular game in the casino, it is always good to have more options at hand. So, ideally, they should at least have: roulette, blackjack, slots, video slots, poker, video poker, Teen Patti and live dealer casino.
And if they also have a sports betting section, all the better.
But it’s not just about game variety, it’s also about quality. And this can only be achieved through the different casino software providers that exist in the world and that partner with casinos to offer their products.
Although there are hundreds, if not thousands today, some of the most reputable ones we can mention are:
- Microgaming. Number one slot machine specialist.
- Evolution Gaming, NetEnt and Pragmatic Play. Both of which are highly regarded for live dealer casino games.
- Ezugi, Evoplay and Woohoo. Excellent providers of mobile casino games.
- Asian Gaming, Playtech, Play N’ Go and Red Tiger Gaming. Providers that specialise in casino games with Asian roots and ambience.
6. Payment methods and withdrawals
For a casino to be a viable option for you, it must allow you to gamble with Indian rupees. This way, you can avoid extra costs associated with currency exchange.
As for payment methods, they should be familiar, secure and convenient for you. The options are varied and constantly changing.
Yet, we can tell you that some of the best options for Indian players are:
- Visa, MasterCard, RuPay and Maestro.
- E-wallets. Like Paytm, Neteller, Skrill, Neosurf, Payeer.
- Cryptocurrencies. Such as the popular bitcoin and Ethereum.
- UPI/IMPS, net banking, bank transfer and PhonePe.
7. Bonuses, promotions, offers & prizes
This is the last factor we look at, as not all players take advantage of these benefits that casinos often provide. But it is definitely one you should pay attention to as you don’t know when a promotion will come out that will give you great advantages.
In online casinos, it doesn’t just matter how attractive the promotions look, but they need to be varied, with fair terms and a real chance of you taking advantage of them.
In this regard, evaluate:
- The type of bonus (welcome, sign-up, reload, special date/season, per game, etc.).
- The terms of the promotion. By this we mean aspects ranging from the expiry date, to the wagering requirements and the contribution of each game to that requirement.
- The flexibility or strictness of the promotion.
- The number of times you can claim the same promotion.
- And even the value of the promotion.
You now know the different factors we consider when choosing the best online casinos, so is the moment for you to grab up the whole information and put into practice the new skills using what you’ve read on!
And if you are wondering where to play games instantly in India, and you want to skip the searching for excellent sites, just go to any of our recommended casino brands, create and account and start having fun today!
Remember, though, that our mission is to inform. But it is your responsibility for any behaviour you engage in, before, during or after reading us.