How to find legit online casinos?
Knowing how to find legit online casinos can be a tricky task, in particular if you are a newbie and know nothing about online gambling.
But that’s where we come in. Because our experts don’t hold back any secrets! They’ve decided to tell you about every aspect and the system they use to evaluate an online casino.
As well as explaining how they rate each casino, we’ll leave you with a list of the best casinos in India! So, you’ll know why they’re on the list and which ones are the best fit for you.
If you’re ready, grab pen and paper, and let’s get started!
What to consider when choosing a safe casino?
Our experts have a super simple system that will help you understand what things to look for when choosing the best online casinos.
There are 10 aspects that are tested, and each aspect is scored 10 points, with 10 being the best score, and 0 being the worst.
Sites that score at least 60 points in the system can be considered safe and reliable. But those that score less than 60, you should get out of there! They are not worth your time and investment.The 10 aspects are explained below:
It is the first, and perhaps the most important. It is verified according to the site’s licences to operate.
The most popular and prestigious international licences are:
- MGA, or, Malta Gambling Authority.
- UKGC, United Kingdom Gambling Commission.
- Licence issued by the Curaçao authorities.
- Licence issued by the Kahnawake authorities (this, although international, is the special one for operating in Canada).
- eCogra. Which is a body that audits the sites and makes sure that the games are fair and the pay-outs are transparent.
On the other hand, there are also the certificates of the software providers that provide an extra weight of legality to the site. Among the most popular are Microgaming, NetEnt and Evolution Gaming.
As it is a site where you are going to enter your real data and even your money for play with real money in casino games, it must be 100% secure. In this respect, the system works like this:
- If it has an SSL certificate, which is represented by a green padlock next to the URL, the site is secure, and you can score 7 points. If it doesn’t, you subtract 7 points.
- If it has other certificates and security seals, such as audits by external bodies, add 3 points. If it does not have them, do not add or subtract anything.
The reputation of any online casino is the third factor in deciding whether a site is a good one.
Ideally, there should be no complaints of any kind. But let’s face it, when a site has been around for a long time, it is not uncommon to find players unhappy about anything.
So, you have to be realistic when reading the site’s reviews. To know how to rank and see if you get 10 points or less in this category, use the following scale:
- 10 points if the platform is older than 5 years and the complaints you find have to do with anything but pay-outs and fair play.
- 7-9 points if the site is less than 5 years old and has no complaints, or more than 5 years old and the complaints are related to speed of payments or customer service.
- 4-6 points if the site has complaints related to speed of pay-outs, customer service and pay-outs resolved after disputes.
- 0-3 points if the site has complaints about games, pay-outs, bonus system, etc.
- Subtract 5 points if the casino has complaints about unresolved pay-outs, account bans after winning progressive jackpots or has many complaints of any kind.
The fourth aspect is about the terms of the site. This requires you to read the rules carefully before creating an account.
All sites have their own, and while there are rules, they impose for adhering to licensing standards, there are other aspects that are to your benefit or detriment.
Read each section, and for each aspect that you find that benefits you, add 1 point until you reach 10 points. If there are aspects that greatly disadvantage you, subtract 1 point for each.
5. Catalogue of services
While there are casinos that specialise in one type of game, look for casinos that offer a wide variety of options. And even look for those that have a sports betting section.
Why? Because you can diversify your strategy to have fun and win money in one place. What should it have at least?
- Teen Patti.
- Sic Bo.
- Bingo, keno and lottery.
- Scratch cards.
- In the sports section: football, cricket, basketball, baseball, tennis, horse racing, greyhound racing, motor racing, e-sports, etc.
Online casinos like LeoVegas offer this kind of options, and is one of the best casinos our experts recommend.
6. Customer support
This factor is one of the key factors in evaluating an online casino as you should be able to resolve problems and queries by contacting an agent.
The more channels you have, the more likely you are to be able to resolve what comes up. Add one point for each channel they have. These can be:
- Social networks.
- Instant messaging through internal chat, Telegram, WhatsApp or Line.
- Live chat.
- Phone call.
- Call back.
- Regular correspondence.
- System ticket.
You can also add or subtract points depending on the opening hours, the time and quality of response, and the language available for communication.
7. Currencies and payment options
Here, you start to involve the money you will play with. It is important that they accept Indian rupees to avoid additional costs, if they accept them, add 2 points, if not, subtract them.
As for payment methods, they should be varied, fast, secure, reliable and well-known. The system is all about adding up 2 points for each following option if they accept it, and if not, subtract 2 points:
- Bank cards.
- Other methods, such as virtual vouchers, bank transfer, cash payment, etc.
8. Responsible gaming and gambling
You may not think this point is important. But a site that does not encourage responsible gambling cannot be trusted.
- It scores 2 points if it allows you to set deposit limits.
- Add 3 points if they allow you to set time limits per session.
- Score 2 points if they have a blog to inform you all about it.
- Add 3 points if they have an algorithm to detect and inform you about possible gambling addictions.
9. Cross-platform and mobile app
This is important because in a world where we are constantly on the move it is invaluable to be able to access the casino from any device with an internet connection.
- It adds 5 points if the site has a responsive design and your website adapts to all types of screens.
- It scores 3 points if it has official apps for Android, iOS and Windows Phone.
- It scores 1 point if you have a desktop app.
- Score 1 point if you have exclusive apps for each game.
10. Bonuses and promotions
In this respect, the offers are an undeniable attraction for all online players, but beware!
Not all casinos offer variety, let alone fair terms.
Evaluate each offer by considering the rollover, expiry date, promotion value and additional requirements.
If the casino offers you variety, and promotions that you can take advantage of, add points.
Now that you know how to find the most secure and safe casino website, it’s time to get to work.
If you want to do it yourself, use our expert system. But if you want speed and convenience, use our top!
If you liked it, don’t forget to share our article! Finally, we would like to remind you that you are the only one responsible for your actions and decisions.